Former Texas Rangers Association Message From the President
Welcome to the Former Texas Rangers Association established in 1897 by Ranger Captain John S. “RIP” Ford and others of the era. Due to a stroke, Captain Ford was unable to fulfill his mission but a group of Old Rangers met to form an Ex-Ranger Association. Membership was to include any Ranger that had been honorably discharged from the Ranger Service and the Association was dedicated to social and benevolent purposes and to preserve and collect the history of the Texas Rangers.
Our non-profit 501(c)7 mission has been expanded over the years and now exists to preserve and perpetuate the true history of the Texas Rangers; to maintain and operate a museum dedicated to the Texas Rangers, to memorialize Rangers who lost their lives in the line of duty through a Ring of Honor at the Texas Rangers Heritage Center; to establish commemorative landmarks related to Ranger history; to administer a youth scholarship program; and to bring active Rangers, former Rangers and Ranger families and descendants together for fellowship, support, and mutual purpose.
Officers of the Association have participated in Texas Ranger Memorial Cross Ceremonies across Texas and other states. The Association provides, through a grant from the Texas Historical Foundation and generous donations from Ranger descendants, a grave marker cross with a Ranger Badge to commemorate the service of these great men. These are very impressive and touching ceremonies honoring great men who helped to make Texas great.
We welcome all to contact us about their ancestral or current link to Texas Rangers History.